How do I fix someone else's problem?

jeremy2692

So I have a friend, a very special friend actually. Just last night, she came to my place sobbing. She was in full pain; I can really see it. She told me something about her affair to a guy I didn’t even know. And the problem is she has a boyfriend, they’ve been together for 4 years now since that new year’s party dating service. She wants me help her amend everything, that I am the only who understands her. But I’m not really sure about this. First, I can’t stand on the fact that she’s cheating on her bf. Secondly, she wants me to talk to her bf and end everything between them. It’s not that easy! What should I do? How do I fix someone else's problem?

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Jack

It’s great that you are even considering this because you are a great friend but if she does want to end things, she should be the one to do it, not you. You should tell her you love her as a friend but you don’t approve with what she did (cheating on her bf). Also, tell her you will be there for her, to listen and give advice when needed but she needs to decide and act on that decision. If she wants to break up with that guy, she has to do it. There’s no way around it.