I don't see myself being with him for the rest of my life

gg1993

Alcohol addiction, one of the grievous misconduct he’s been doing for two years already. My husband has been rehabilitated before due to harassment issues toward me. He has been involved with alcohol addiction after a month of our marriage. I thought he’ll change right after his admission to that rehabilitation center but he’s not and will never be. Before our union to that marriage tours two years ago, he already told me about this. I gave him a chance since he promised me he’ll change for the better. But the opposite of it happened. Now, I don’t see myself being with him for the rest of my life. Should I leave him?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Patricia

Sorry to hear about this, gg1993. Unfortunately no one can know for certain if you should stay in this relationship or not. The only person that can truly make this tough choice is you. I would recommend you think about it a lot. What are the ups and downs of either remaining in this marriage or ending it. Think about it for some time and write things down. This is a very important decision so don’t take it lightly. Write your list and then wait 2 weeks on it. After 2 weeks return back to it and see how you feel. Then make your decision. And don’t forget: we’re here to help.

• gg1993
    The thing is, I already gave him second chances and he just wasted those. I've been very helpless, I'm thinking about my future and I can't bear to be with him for the rest of my life. I understand that it's not easy to break a relationship but if my life is at risk here, better leave him! I'm so sorry for being so hard headed, it's just that I've been through a lot of pain now. 
  • Alexia

I for one don’t think you are being hard headed – you should really think about this because it’s one of the most important decisions you will have to make. If you don’t feel good around him, don’t trust him and he’s draining your energy, then the answer is clear. I try to surround myself with people that energize me and try to stay away (or at least spend less time with) from those who drain my energy.