My wife and I are thinking of starting a business

businesscouple
My wife and I are thinking of starting a business but we’re not really sure what type to invest in. We want something that is constantly needed by the public so that the sales would be consistent. Our friends and family have strongly suggested investing on food business but I’m not so sure about that since I have no idea how good food business usually work. Also, if we were to go for the food industry, would establishing our own brand be good or is it too risky? Or is investing on a franchise a better idea? Back when I met my wife several years ago in a foreign dating event, she was running her own small clothing business but things didn’t really work out well for her and she had to stop it. So, clothing business is not on the list of options. Does anybody here have other suggestions/business ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Patricia

Before investing lots or time, money and effort into any business do this: talk with your wife and write down your passions. What are you two really passionate about? I think you’ll get at least 5-10 ideas. Start right here and see if you could make money with any of your passions. I wouldn’t start anything I wasn’t passionate about because running a business is hard and if you are just doing it for the money, then chances are it won’t work. Put passion behind it and consistency and it will work. If you’d like, make the list and share it here so we can all help out.

• businesscouple
    Thank you, Patricia
  • Alexia

@ businesscouple - I’m very curios to hear more about this. I agree with what Patricia said and would like to know more details (if possible) about your goals.

Business ideas: a coffee shop (personalized and different from what you can find out there right now), maybe something complementary to that small clothing business (she already has some experience in that area and maybe a little change of venue will be good?).

Hope it helps!