Marriage: would you marry just because that’s what you’re supposed to do?

ltklaus

I for one wouldn’t. I would marry her because I wanted to not because my family is pressuring me into it. I don’t like that. I want to be free to make this decision. If I want to do it, great, if not, ok as well. What’s your opinion?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Alexia
    No, I wouldn't. Marrying someone (or doing anything) because your family or friends think it's the right thing to do is not right. This is one of the main reasons why we're seeing so many divorces: people are just not right for each other but get married because that's the right thing to do. 

I would follow my hears and my brain. The opinions of my loved ones are important but I need to decide because I have to leave with the consequences. 
  • Andy

It’s not even a question for me: I would marry whomever I love and feel like marrying. While other people’s opinions (my loved ones) are important, they will never get to decide for me. I would calmly explain this to them so they don’t get upset or get the wrong idea, but in the end I have to do what my heart and mind are telling me to.