She wants me to choose between her and my dog - What do I do?

homealone
I can't believe it has gotten to this point where she would actually put in in such a difficult position. I've had my dog for almost 10 years and I can't just let it go. We've been together for almost 1 year and I don't want to lose her either. I don't know what to do. 

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Neil

Well, I don’t really know you or her but anyone that puts you in such a position doesn’t seem to love you very much. I mean, if you would love someone, would you ask them to choose like this?

• Jack

If any woman would make me choose between my 10 year dog and a 1 year relationship, the answer would be very clear: she would have to go. You can’t ask me to just stop loving my dog – if you really love me you wouldn’t even think such a thing. It doesn’t make sense. He’s been with me for 10 years! He’s part of the family and you don’t leave family behind.

• Penelope

Why is she asking this of you? This is a very strange request so maybe she has some serious reasons? Can you tell us more?

• homealone

She thinks I love the dog more than her and that’s why she wants me to let it go. She’s not really an animal person. The dog likes her but she doesn’t feel the same way about him. She means a lot to me but he also means a lot to me and I don’t want to be making this choice.