Is it time to end it?

crazyjoe

I’ve been in a long distance relationship for the past 3 years and it’s getting hard to continue. I love her but it’s just very difficult to see her just 3-4 times each year. I want more and neither of us can move because of our jobs. What should I do?  

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Fiona
    Can’t you two find ways to see each other more often? Maybe 8-10 times yearly? Is that impossible? 
  • Patricia
    Yeah, seeing each other so little can lead to breakups so you (both) should try to meet up regularly. Maybe at least once every 1-2 months? What's stopping you in doing this? The distance? Parents? Jobs? 
  • crazyjoe

Thank you for the replies. I’ve had a serious talk with her (via phone) and we’ve asked some questions of each other and we’ve also taken a week to really think about what this is and if it’s worth continuing. I will update you once we’ve figured it out.

• crazyjoe

So it’s been a week since we had that serious chat and we’ve decided to give it another try. This time we will try to meet every 2 months or even sooner and see how things go. If things get better we’re even thinking about the possibility of one of us moving to the other one’s home country. We’ll see how it goes.

• Fiona

Well, that’s great, Joe! I hope you two stay together and are happy! It’s great you talked about it and decided on a new approach and make sure you stick to it.