How do I become more confident in bed?

Andy

I’m in a 9 month relationship and I still feel kind of awkward in bed. I’m afraid that if I tell her the things I like, she’ll think I’m crazy and maybe even dump me. Any thoughts?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Alexia

It’s been 9 months so it’s not like it’s day 2. You need to speak about what you both like in bed. This is not a one way street. She probably has things she likes as well. Ask her what you can do to make her feel better. It might be a bit uncomfortable at first, but do it nonetheless. It gets easier with each talk you have. And don’t just talk about this once and stop. Keep talking often and experiment new things. 

• Tom
    You have to tell her what you like sooner or later. She can tell you "forget it" at the end but I don't think she will break up.
  • Fiona

Start off with a smaller request at first so you don’t scare her :). Make sure she shares something she likes. The more you get to know her and what she likes, the stronger you’ll be as a couple. 

• Payton

You may be surprised to find out that she wanted to talk about this for a long time. Women, in general, have a lot more sexual fantasies than men do. Stop being afraid and just talk to her. Ask her what you should experiment with and come up with ideas. Even if she isn’t in the mood right away, have patience and good things will happen soon.