How do I get my ex back?

Kevin

I’ve had a 4 year relationship with a wonderful woman but because of her dad, we broke up. It’s been 2 years and her father has passed away and I’m hoping she still has feelings for me and wants to get back together. How do I proceed? 

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Alexia

I would just give her a call and see how she’s doing. Did her father recently die? If so, you need to be there for her so call her and tell her you’re here if she needs someone to talk to. And even if she says no, keep trying and make sure you see her and talk to her face to face. In these moments, we need all the help we can get. 

• Noah

I agree with what Alexia said above. If her father passed away very recently you definitely need to offer your support. Let her know you just care for her and want to help her in this hard period. Use words like “I care for you and just want to help you with anything I can.” or “let me know what I can do. I’ll call you back tomorrow.” Don’t take no for an answer. Often we don’t want to talk to anyone when this happens, but we need to so be persistent over the next few days and get her out of the house. 

• Kevin

I took you’re advice (thanks to both of you) and called her. It took some time to get a hold of her but I did it. She was happy that I called and yes, she initially didn’t want to talk much or meet but I persisted and on day 4 she realized I wouldn’t give up and we went out for coffee. It was amazing and it was great to just talk to her. We’ll see where this leads but the start is promising.